Thursday 10 July 2008

"Odsox rode his own rocket into oblivion!"

Just a quick one to say I played my first few online deathmatches on Unreal 3 tonight. It's official: I suck.

But it's a bloody brilliant game! It was incredibly frantic, gunshots going every which way, and after two games I got into my stride, i.e. the bottom of the scoreboard. XD But I must stress that in Unreal there isn't any time to stand around and insult the other players, it's straight up kill or be killed. I think that has to be what I really love about it, everyone's too busy fragging to insult anyone else.

I soon realised that I was up against some serious players, who were just dominating the whole game. I always forget that in the FPS genre, you have to take your online game seriously, otherwise you just get rolled over. It doesn't bother me so much that I just kept dying, I was laughing at the sheer level of destruction for most of the game. ^o^

The final scoreboard before I decided to let the decent players enjoy themselves showed everyone in double figures (top score was 50 ftw) and right on the bottom line, there he is, young Odsox, with a grand total of 4 kills.

BUT THEY WERE BADASS KILLS YO

Not really, I'm convinced they were all flukes. Still, I had fun and probably got a few laughs from players who noticed how bad I was, and sometimes making 'em laugh is all that really matters.

^^;

TTFN!

Love, Odsox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun because some people really do take FPS's waaaaaaay too seriously. For example, my brothers get really really angry if a game isn't going well - it just makes you want to leave the room. >_>;

If it makes you feel any better, you've got more kills than I could probably manage, lol. :)

Maybe that's another reason I enjoyed playing Unreal Tournament before... the lack of being shitty to each other (except for tapping the taunt buttons on the keyboard!) - it's in abundance on games like Halo 3, and I can just about stand to play that game for about half an hour without talking to anyone.. but I don't even want to play it for that long, hense why I'll rarely join in when friends play it.

Keep practicing, you'll get better at chewing ass and kicking gum in no time! :D

Administratum Archives